Home Page | Calendar | Forums | Login |

Feedback on the above article:

Helene Macrae (26/08/2008 16:59)

ohhh dear God who has control of my heart.. i call myself a born again christian so as not to be mistaken by any catholics in the group..if that is wrong..correct me..this must be the end times if the evil in the catholic system is trying to seek , kill and destroy..by rewriting the bible they should read it first..it clearly says in revelation not for any man to add unto the prophecys written in this book.. rev 22:18 & 19..!.there have been many new renditions but i gotta say this is the worst yet..''come Lord Jesus come''..hmac..xo

tired of small minds (Guest) (29/08/2008 00:04)

....prehaps you should consider travel, or even reading the bhagavad gita prior to sad "end of time" references. helene, when you reach the pearly gates, how will your actions in this world weigh up to the amazing selfless actions of the great Mahatma Gandhi?

John Parker (Guest) (29/08/2008 09:06)

Christians hold the Bible in ultimate regard (as other religions do their writings). Gandhi was a great leader. However Hinduism believes in a multitude of Gods, and Christians believe in only one - the God of the Bible.

It is extremely confusing if any version of the Bible contains teachings and writings from a different belief system.
It will only be a matter of time before someone quotes a Hindu text and says (in truth): "I read it in the Bible".

The Reformation in the 16th century restored the Bible as the absolute benchmark of Christian doctrine and belief. And the last book of the Bible says:
'I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: "If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."'

Crawford Harvey (29/08/2008 11:36)

Gandhi performed amazingly selfless actions and this cannot be doubted. However, the beauty of the Christian gospel is that our selfless actions are not what qualifies us to enter heaven. What qualifies a person to enter heaven is the selfless action of Jesus Christ on their behalf and their faith in him. Adding anything to the Word of God tampers with this most fundamental truth and so cannot be acceptable.

Alexandria Jarvis (01/09/2008 21:28)

I have to agree with Helen about the changing and adding to the Bible. The RC church is guilty of this as they changed the Commandments (look up their version in their catacism), because God commands 'idols' should not be before Him, this seered their minds because of their 'idols' to Mary and the Apostles, who make up the stations of the cross. God clearly tells of the result of changing His word, and adding Hindi to it will only cause confusion and God is 'not a God of confusion!!'. I know of many RC's who have never read their Bibles because they believe the Pope only can interpret them. They do not know what God Himself says about reasoning with Him through His word and the comfort and guidance He gives. And as for Gandhi, his works will not be held against anyone who worships the God of heaven, because he never confessed the name of Jesus and that Jesus is Lord and Saviour, only by His name are we saved. Yes he was a good man and only God knows his heart but we can see his life and beliefs. It is only through the sacrifice of Christ and acceptance of this gift that we will stand face to face with our Redeemer. Peace in Christ to you all.

John Parker (Guest) (02/09/2008 09:09)

Adding to, subtracting from or modifying the Word of God is a (the) most serious of issues.

However, the Bible Society is endorsing and selling "Today's New International Version" which is "gender-neutral".
quote -
On Jan 28, 2002 the International Bible Society announced the publication of this third gender-neutral revision of the New International Version, and distributed advance review copies of the New Testament at the Christian Booksellers Association annual convention. The New Testament was published in the Spring of 2002, and the complete Bible in February of 2005.
- end quoute.

As the question attached to the article asks -
Seeker-sensitive or sacriligeous? Outreach or Apostasy?

Guest (Guest) (07/10/2008 01:59)

Scripture foretold the ' Mother Of Harlots ' would do this , and ' all the world would wonder after ' .
Those the papacy refuses to call ' sister churches ' but daughters , apostate , and all religions are gathered together with ' the man of sin ' , ' the son of perdition ' .
Christians today ought to read and Rekindle The Reformation .
Yet , that will not be . Scripture tells us it will not be .
The many are deceived
Every one of the Reformation Founders without exception were clear and sure , and if Protestants read they will see clearly decribed in The Revelation Of Jesus Christ , and much in Daniel also .
There can be no alliance with a pagan blasphemous pretence which wears Christian garb , and Babylonian idols .
Those who tell the truth are not believed today.

a h (07/10/2008 07:52)

The RC Church is only damaging itself. God has some wonderful works going on in India and has done for many a year - "and the gates of Hell, will not prevail against it!" Amen.
Comment:

© 2014 Christians Together High Accessibility Version. (Full Graphics Version)