Home Page | Calendar | Forums | Login |

Feedback on the above article:

( Page 4 of 8. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8)

Jenny (22/08/2011 17:01)

Tartan Paint, I see your point I think, but does a preacher really make such an awesome claim as that? He may expound and set forth the Word, but he doesn't as a rule use that specific formula, "I the Lord say...." as if he were God's actual mouthpiece.

Peter Carr (22/08/2011 17:44)

God is both eternal and contemporary, therefore an annointed preacher and teacher of His word is speaking to this day and generation (for the saved and unsaved).

That means that God by His Spirit, having dealt with the bible teacher first in the secret place, then speaks through that individual to other individuals, the church and humanity in general with eternal truths in a contemporary setting.

When the preacher/teacher of the Word has delivered a God given message, it is then up to the listeners to discern God's voice in the here and now, and respond appropriately. So, IMO an annointed and appointed messanger of the Word is God's mouthpiece.

Donald Reader (Guest) (22/08/2011 19:21)

Secret place? Discuss. [10 marks]

Jenny (22/08/2011 19:34)

"IMO an anointed and Appointed Messenger of the Word is God's mouthpiece"

I'd say that can be true indeed, but it would be in an analogical sense. I've never heard a preacher from any pulpit say authoritatively "I, the Lord, say........."
Do even Charismatics do so? Jenny (22/08/2011 19:37) "Secret place? Discuss. [10 marks]"

???
Peter Carr (22/08/2011 21:03) "Secret place? Discuss"

The place where the preacher waits upon the Holy Spirit's guidance for the message and guidance involved in the various stages of sermon prep.

Jenny (22/08/2011 21:15)

"The place where the preacher waits upon the Holy Spirit's guidance for the message and guidance involved in the various stages of sermon prep. ..."
thanks - what's the reference for that?

Peter Carr (22/08/2011 21:23)

"what's the reference for that?"

Sorry, what type of reference are you looking for - biblical?

Jn 14: 26 "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

Eph 4: 11 - 13 "So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."
Jenny (22/08/2011 21:32) "Sorry, what type of reference are you looking for - biblical?"

Forgive me if I'm being slow. The "secret place" sounds like a direct quote, but if so I can't place it.

Editor (22/08/2011 22:24)

In case we get 'off course' with this discussion, no one, but no one, can speak today claiming that they are speaking as the OT prophets did. This is why we all have to 'be Bereans' regarding everything that is said; even by the most trustworthy and biblical expositors.

However, we are also warned not to quench the Spirit and despise prophetic utterances, but (to restate it) to test all things.
(1 Thess 5:19-21) ( Page 4 of 8. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8)
Comment:

© 2014 Christians Together High Accessibility Version. (Full Graphics Version)