Home Page | Calendar | Forums | Login |

Feedback on the above article:

( Page 5 of 8. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8)

Martin Lisemore (22/08/2011 23:19)

Curlew, just try being alone with God, face down on the floor, in private, in communion with the Holy; that's the secret place, the place you can bring no one else into, lead no one to that place, it's so private, so personal so intimate with God. it's the place Moses knew at the burning bush and Jesus knew at Gethsemane; it's the place open to us all, but not all together.

The secret place.

It's the place where we know exactly who and what we are in relation to a supremely Holy God, whose Throne of Grace we may approach with boldness, but that through the sacrifice of this God's Son Jesus.

It's the place where all else is but dust and ashes; I commend it to you.

If you want a direct quote, just check Gethsemane; that will satisfy your longings and lead you on to that place.

Again, I commend it to you.

Martin Lisemore (22/08/2011 23:26)

I've never heard a preacher from any pulpit say authoritatively "I, the Lord, say........."
Do even Charismatics do so?

To you I would say, oh taste and see how good the Lord is .. a fine anthem by Thomas Tallis; please do come back with a Bible reference. I know it!

You seem to be anti Charismatic et al, but one day you will need to land on firm ground, Charismatic or otherwise, else you will be forever tossed about by winds and waves.

Martin Lisemore (22/08/2011 23:34)

Secret place? Discuss. [10 marks]

Donald, I did, can we convert marks to shekels and how do I collect.

Thanks.

PS Nectar Points might be a good bonus.

Peter Carr (23/08/2011 08:34)

Curlew said, "Forgive me if I'm being slow. The "secret place" sounds like a direct quote, but if so I can't place it."

Matt 6: 6 "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."Peter Carr (23/08/2011 08:43) Seumas said, "Theres even a very recent example of "yet another charismatic liar" on this very site. That Lance Lambert article..."

What Seumas is your understanding of the word charasmatic?

"The word Charismatic comes from the Greek word charisma (GREEK: ?a´??sµa, Strong's Concordance #G5486), which is usually translated in the King James Version Bible and New King James Version Bible Translation as gifts. The apostle Paul used charisma in 1Corinthians 12 to designate the supernatural gifts made available to individual Christians by the Holy Spirit:

"There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills." (1Corinthians 12:4-11, NKJV)"

Taken from: http://www.biblestudy.org/beginner/definition-of-christian-terms/charismatic.html

Jenny (23/08/2011 10:09) "Matt 6: 6 "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.""

yes, I remembered that, but it's not "a secret PLACE". I thought the latter might be an extraBiblical reference, but maybe not.
I can't see that text as supporting the idea of receiving messages to proclaim publicly in God's name

Peter Carr (23/08/2011 13:13)

Curlew,

Sorry if I have caused any confusion, but for every true believer and disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, the only access to the living and Holy God, Matt 6: 6 is the secret place of an ongoing intimate relationship with the Holy God of Trinity.

As we seek to live and to love for God, much of what we do, including our prayer lives is done in secret, not to impress others, but to please God (particularly when you read v. 6 in the conext of verses prior to and following it), but also in line with the wider teachings of God's Word;

Jn 4: 23 - 24 "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

True Christianity is not about religion, but true relationship with The Lord of life. Relationship that brings with it knowledge.

Jer 29: 11 - 14a "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD..."

I have no problem with prophecy providing it is consistent with God's character, His Word and the messanger is living a life consistent with what it means to be a Christian:

The four main tests for recognising true prophets:

Does their preaching and teaching agree with the Word?

The second test of whether a person is really a prophet of God or a false prophet is the fruit in the person’s life.

The third test of whether a person is a true or false prophet is whether the person’s preaching and lifestyle is centred on turning others from their sins to God.

The fourth test of whether someone is a true prophet of God or a false prophet is whether the person is driven by a desire to be popular among churchgoers and/or other religious people.

The above is taken from http://internetbiblecollege.net/Lessons/REAL%20PROPHETS%20OF%20GOD.pdf
Jenny (23/08/2011 19:38) Thank you, Tartan Paint.
All you say is true. I only don't think I've ever yet read or heard anything which seemed to sanction the mode of expression I keep coming back to - when a mortal man speaks in the assumed persona of the Lord God of Hosts.
The OT prophets did so (and the test to know if they were true prophets or not was whether their word came true).
But now?

Peter Carr (23/08/2011 20:44)

"...the mode of expression I keep coming back to..."

What is it, and who and when are you referring to?

Editor (24/08/2011 09:47)

I think what Curlew is asking (but correct me if I'm wrong) is whether anyone (mere mortal) has a biblical mandate to deliver a prophecy speaking in the first person singular and using the Lord's name e.g./i.e. (and to take a random paragraph from the Lance Lambert word which was recently given) -

"Hear this Word of Mine; I call you to intercede for those who belong to Me in those nations; that they will be saved from it! Hear this cry. My heart yearns for those who belong to Me, that they might be clear in their understanding, clear in the way that they are to walk in the midst of all this. Do hear Me!" ( Page 5 of 8. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8)
Comment:

© 2014 Christians Together High Accessibility Version. (Full Graphics Version)