Home Page | Calendar | Forums | Login |

Feedback on the above article:

( Page 3 of 3. Page 1 Page 2 )

Dr John N Sutherland (Guest) (23/07/2012 19:39)

The issue, writ large, is not about sexuality. The Grand Narrative is that the minority who control our politics and media - especially the BBC - wish to drive Scotland down an atheists, amoral, liberal, secularist pathway. They are using the gays; after all there are only 2-3 civil partnerships legalised in Scotland per day; 'marriage' gives gays no more rights than they currently have. But it does push Christians (and Muslims, etc.) off-frame into illegality.

We must not fight the gays - they aren't really the topic - we must fight for Scotland against this series assaults of The Enemy.

Philip (Guest) (23/07/2012 19:59)

"We must not fight the gays - they aren't really the topic - we must fight for Scotland against this series assaults of The Enemy."

And how do you propose that we do this? What are we not doing that we should be?

Grumpyoldman (23/07/2012 21:13)

That's a very good summary from Dr Sutherland.

It is a real concern to me that various groups and especially the BBC are determined to "get rid of God"

Grumpyoldman (23/07/2012 21:23)

cont'd

I have taken the opportunity to write to Mr Salmond and inform him that his apparent goal of Scotland being the first part of the UK to recognise same sex marriage will probably make a dent in the SNP vote.
As Christians we must continue to pray for our leaders so that they will take off the blinkers and see that they are leading us into a cesspit of immorality.

This also applies to the liberal minded ministers in congregations throughout the land who are preaching a gospel that is adapted to suit their view of how life ought to be.
John Parker (Guest) (23/07/2012 22:20) Dr. Sutherland said - "We must not fight the gays - they aren't really the topic - we must fight for Scotland against this series assaults of The Enemy."

Philip asked - "And how do you propose that we do this?"

My Bible tells me that we need to be salt and light - engaging with the world and preaching the Gospel.
Philip (Guest) (24/07/2012 05:56) The problem John is that the world is no longer listening (at least not this part of the world). I was standing in Falcon Sq on Saturday watching an evangelist with a microphone and large sandwich boards. He was singing and talking about Jesus, and was being steadily ignored.

Granted, the Gospel message was being faithfull proclaimed and may find its way into human hearts, but the outward signs didn't look good.

John Parker (Guest) (24/07/2012 08:25)

"The problem John is that the world is no longer listening"

That mey generally be the case Philip. But that gives us no licence whatsoever to stop preaching the Gospel "in season and out of season".

You may have heard the story (and it doesn't really matter if its fact or myth) about the evangelist who felt downcast after a lifetime of outreach that he had seen very few reached for Christ. But the evangelist was was the one used by God to convert Billy Graham.

Annie (Guest) (24/07/2012 09:41)

Perhaps Mr. Salmond should be reminded of another first minister who flew in the face of God, namely Donald Dewar. In 2000, I watched him on TV, standing on the steps of some auspicious building, waving fists in the air and boastfully shouting "Section 28 IS NO MORE" (again, Scotland being the first to abolish it - how proud we must be!)Within days, he died suddenly of a brain hemorrhage at age 63.(Oct.2000)God will not be mocked. I can give you other instances of people in the public eye who have openly denied God - Marylin Monroe, after listening to Billy Graham, told him politely "Mr Graham, I don't need your Jesus." She died at an early age. John Lennon said "We are more famous than Jesus!" We all know what happened to him. There are many more well known public figures who have come to a sticky end because they blasphemed and ridiculed. Letter writing is easy and anonymous - the spoken word is Powerful and that power is ours, Pentacostal or Puritan. By that token, someone must tell Mr Salmond just what his actons could lead to.....are there any Christians bold enough in his Parliament to tell him, face to face? or are they busy writing letters that he won't read? Did Jesus write letters? Nah! He spoke the word and it came to pass.

Phillip - I really hope you encouraged Kenny(the evangelist)on Saturday in Falcon Square - did you speak to him? Did you tell him to keep on keeping on? Now he really COULD get through to Mr Salmond.
------------

Ed note: For response to last paragraph above see -
http://www.christianstogether.net/Articles/187759/Christians_Together_in/Christian_Life/Reaching_Out/Evangelism_whats_needed.aspx

Penny Lee (24/07/2012 10:02)

I agree that we should try not to be discouraged when people appear to not be listening. Our country is crying out for something, they know not what, but it is of course a deep spiritual need which is not being met. We only need to read the story of Mr. Genor elsewhere on this site to see how it can appear nothing is getting through.

Keep speaking to people about their need of God (kindly where at all possible) and eternity will reveal what effect it had. Let's not allow the evil one to discourage us and convince us that we might as well give up - this is a classic tactic of his and I take heart that it probably means there is blessing to come which he is trying to prevent.

Editor (25/07/2012 13:10)

Gay Marriage to be introduced in Scotland

Scotland is set to become the first part of the UK to introduce gay marriage after the SNP government announced plans to make the change.

Scottish ministers confirmed they would bring forward a bill on the issue.

Political leaders, equality groups welcomed the move, but it has been strongly opposed by the Catholic Church and Church of Scotland.

The announcement was made in the wake of a government consultation which produced a record 77,508 responses.

Same-sex couples in Scotland currently have the option to enter into civil partnerships and the Holyrood government has insisted no part of the religious community would be forced to hold same-sex weddings in churches.

See - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-18981287

The leaders of all the Scottish political parties have indicated their support for the introduction of same-sex marriage.

---------------------------

The UK is already a nation under God's judgement. This will have tragic consequences. As Billy Graham's wife once remarked to her husband: "If God doesn't judge America He will have to apologise to Sodom and Gomorrah." The same can now be said of Scotland; a nation that was once known as the Land of the Book.

---------
Please note: To protect the integrity of this thread only (logged-in) site members can post messages.
Any other submissions can be e-mailed to the Editor [editor(at sign)christianstogether.net].

Further opportunity will be available shortly to which responses can be made. ( Page 3 of 3. Page 1 Page 2 )

© 2014 Christians Together High Accessibility Version. (Full Graphics Version)