Inverness Bible Fellowship - senior pastor required
Note: This advert is now withdrawn 16/03/09
Inverness Bible Fellowship is currently led by pastor Leo Rose. However in the context of new legislation regarding immigrant workers, the Inverness church is having to advertise the position.
Note: the following job/vacancy description can be downloaded in PDF form.
DATE OF NOTICE: 28-January-2008
Senior Pastor & Administrator
Oversee all spiritual, practical, and administrative aspects of Inverness Bible Fellowship – A Calvary Chapel Church and its associated outreaches.
40 hours per week. Flexible work week. Four evenings per week and all weekends required. The current pastor also works an average of an additional 20 hours with practical ministry needs and associated community outreach activities, which is desired.
This is an unpaid volunteer position only. Inverness Bible Fellowship has no employees and due to its small size is unable to pay any of its volunteers, include the pastor.
Recommended commitment term: 5 years
There are no mandatory term requirements for this position. However, in order to ensure a stable environment for all members and participants, a five-year term is being sought.
GCSE or equivalent and a minimum two years course completion full-time study of theological or pastoral studies.
Completion of a one-year pastoral internship or ministry training program, a minimum of five years completed experience as a fulltime senior pastor of an established Christian protestant church fellowship, and a minimum five years completed experience as youth pastor or youth worker. Additionally a minimum two years experience in supervision and management of volunteers, employees and assets. All experience must be verifiable.
- Must possess ability to plan, organise and manage people and resources
- Must possess ability to communicate verbally and in writing [unless reasonable accommodations can be arranged]
- Must possess valid driver’s license, own and maintain own transport and insurance, and be willing to provide transport for those in need
- Must have advanced knowledge of computers, networks, website management, and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher programs
- Must be able to type 30 words per minute
- Knowledge of email
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
- Knowledge of Public Address systems, digital audio recording, and internet audio streaming/archiving of audio teachings
- Must be able to provide personal, marriage, and family biblical counselling services
- Must be able to perform physical work such as gardening, cleaning, and minor DIY repairs for single moms, widows, and needy families.
- Study & teach the bible [expository] to various groups and individuals as required
- Lead the Sunday morning and mid-week worship services.
- Lead and teach other required meetings and bible studies as needed.
- Responsible for development of church policies and procedures.
- Responsible for development, establishment, publishing of child protection and vulnerable persons policies.
- Responsible for maintaining church bank accounts, book-keeping, annual reports, and tax filings.
- Must keep records of all donations and gifts for each individual donor and effectively manage the gift aid program.
- Must maintain required insurance cover for the church fellowship.
- Must provide initial and ongoing training for all volunteers.
- Oversee and manage volunteer staffing of crèche, children’s ministry, youth ministry, and adult ministries.
- Oversee and manage a staff of volunteers.
- Officiate baptism, communion, wedding and funeral services.
- Oversee, plan, and organise community outreaches as planned.
The primary location is South Kessock, Inverness: Any facilities owned, leased, or hired for the purpose of providing typical Christian church-related activities. However, with prior approval by assigned staff, some meetings and activities may be held in homes and/or other off-site locations.
Vetting and Disclosure Requirements:
- Enhanced Disclosure is required
- Must be willing/able to obtain lead signatory status with CRBS
- Self-declaration of all spent and unspent convictions is required
- Ministry Questionnaire (position application) is required
- Two personal references are required
- Four professional ministry references are required
- Must possess a certificate of ordination issued by a major Christian protestant denomination or group recognised internationally.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have own means for transportation.
- This is a volunteer unpaid position. Successful applicants must also have provisions for their own accommodations, transport, council tax, food, utilities, etc, as the church is unable to provide these.
- It is also highly desirable that the senior pastor and his family be willing to help fund outreach activities from their own personal accounts. In the most recent 5-years, the average shortfall of £5,000 annually has been covered by the volunteer senior pastor’s own personal accounts.
This position reports to the board of directors of Inverness Bible Fellowship – A Calvary Chapel Church. Any appointments must be approved by the directors.
Interested applicants should post or email printed CVs to:
Inverness Bible Fellowship – A Calvary Chapel
Upper Cullernie Farm
Inverness IV2 7HU
Christians Together, 04/03/2009