NEWSLETTER – OCTOBER 2007 Issue No. 4
A Prayer Points from the youth worker:
- For more growth in the youth attending the Thursday night Bible study
- For G togrow in the commitment that he has made and avoid trouble
- For N tocommit more and become a good junior leader
- For A tocommit his life to Jesus Christ
- For C tocontinue to be a good ambassador for the YM
- For female leaders to get involved
- For Tommie as he begins theological studies
l For the local churches who support the work
l For the Connect youth event in September with around 80 young folk attending
B YMCA Board
At the beginning of 2008 we plan to carry out extensive work on the building:
- new entrance porch with disabled access
- upgrading of toilet facilities with disabled access
- creation of a cafe to operate during the day and in the evening
This will mean that the building will be closed for most of January.
We are able to undertake this work due to the awarding of various grants.
We appreciate all the support we receive and hope to update you on our work from time to time.
The Annual Sale is arranged for Saturday, 27th October starting at 10.30 am. As well as
crafts, home baking, plants and produce stalls, the first ever CYC Recipe Book and Calendar
will be available. We look forward to seeing you there!
D Vouchers & Tokens
We are collecting Tesco Sports for Schools and Clubs vouchers (green) and CIS tokens from
the sport pages of 'The Scotsman' newspaper. These collections provide valuable resources for
the clubs and can be sent/delivered to the CYC or handed to any Friend or Board Member before
the end of the year.
Please circulate our news in your church notice sheets and at your prayer meetings.
Your prayer support is greatly appreciated.